Cricket is a sport that is loved by many people all around the world. It is a game that has a rich history and is known for bringing people together. India and Pakistan are two countries that have a long-standing rivalry when it comes to cricket. There have been many memorable matches between the two teams, but there was one particular match that did not take place. In this article, we will look at the event that caused the third test between India and Pakistan to be cancelled in 1984/1985.
India and Pakistan have been playing cricket against each other since 1952. Over the years, the two teams have had some intense matches, and there have been instances where the political tension between the two countries has spilled over onto the cricket field. The 1984/1985 tour of Pakistan to India was one such instance.
The First Two Tests
The first two tests of the series were played in Mumbai and Delhi. Pakistan won the first test by 49 runs, and the second test ended in a draw. The third test was scheduled to be played in Kolkata, but it never happened.
The reason the third test between India and Pakistan was cancelled was due to the assassination of the Indian Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi. She was assassinated on October 31, 1984, by two of her bodyguards who were Sikh nationalists. The assassination of the Prime Minister led to widespread riots against Sikhs in India. Many Sikhs were killed, and their properties were destroyed.
The cancellation of the third test was not just due to the assassination of the Prime Minister. It was also due to the fact that the Indian cricket team had a Sikh player named Maninder Singh who was part of the squad. The Indian cricket board feared for the safety of the player and decided to cancel the match.
The cancellation of the third test was a big blow to cricket fans all around the world. The cancellation also led to a strain in the relations between India and Pakistan. The two countries did not play a test series against each other until 1987.
The cancellation of the third test between India and Pakistan in 1984/1985 was a result of the assassination of the Indian Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi, and the fear for the safety of the Indian cricket team’s Sikh player. The cancellation of the match was a big blow to cricket fans all around the world, and it also strained the relations between India and Pakistan.
- Was this the first time that a cricket match between India and Pakistan was canceled due to political tensions?
- Yes, it was the first time that a test match between India and Pakistan was canceled due to political tensions.
- How did the cancellation of the third test impact cricketing ties between India and Pakistan?
- The cancellation of the test had a significant impact on cricketing ties between India and Pakistan. Both countries suspended all sporting ties, including cricket, for several years.
- When did cricketing relations between India and Pakistan resume?
- Cricketing relations between India and Pakistan resumed in 1989.
- What was the result of the first two tests between India and Pakistan in 1984?
- India won the first test in Karachi, and the second test in Lahore resulted in a draw.
- What was the reason for the cancellation of the third test between India and Pakistan in 1984/1985?
- The cancellation of the third test was due to the assassination of Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, which led to political tensions between India and Pakistan.
rajkotupdates.news : covid explosion on flight from italy
rajkotupdates.news : rrr filed pil in telangana high court before release
rajkotupdates.news : the ministry of transport will launch a road safety navigation app
rajkotupdates.news : microsoft gaming company to buy activision blizzard for rs 5 lakh crore
rajkotupdates.news : pubg developer krafton has filed a lawsuit against garena free fire
rajkotupdates.news : government may consider levying tds tcs on cryptocurrency trading
rajkotupdates.news : america granted work permits for indian spouses of h-1 b visa holders
rajkotupdates.news : corona third wave affect life insurance
rajkotupdates.news : elon musk in 2022 neuralink start to implantation of brain chips in humans