Steps to resolve error code 43 on Device Manager for Intel graphics display adapter.
In Device Manager, the Intel® Graphics entry listed under Display adapters shows a yellow explosion.
Double-clicking on an Intel graphics controller shows the following error in the device status: Windows has turned off this device because it reported problems. (code 43)
Error code 43 can be caused by hardware issues or by driver or settings corruption. To resolve this problem, we recommend that you perform a clean installation of the latest graphics drivers provided by the system manufacturer because these drivers are optimized.
To perform a clean installation of the graphics driver, follow these steps:
- Disconnect from the Internet to make sure that the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.
- Uninstall both the Intel graphics driver and the Intel Display Audio driver. To do so, please follow the steps on the links below under these sections:
1.Uninstalling Intel Graphics Driver via Device Manager Method
2.Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager method.
- Restart the computer.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.
- If there are no older drivers stored in the system, the graphics controller should now be listed as ‘Microsoft Basic Display Adapter’, ‘Standard VGA Graphics Adapter’ or similar in Device Manager. If not, repeat step 2. Repeat the process until it is listed as ‘Microsoft Basic Display Adapter’.
- Install the latest graphics driver provided by the system manufacturer.
- Once the latest drivers are installed, enable internet connection again.
If the problem still persists, try the following:
Remove any third-party video adapters, converters, hubs, or docking stations. Try a direct connection (HDMI to HDMI, DisplayPort* to DisplayPort*, etc.) instead. Then, see if the error disappears. If it does, then proceed to update the drivers for the third-party component that may be causing the problem.
Contact your system manufacturer for more assistance.
How to Resolve Error Code 31 for Intel® Graphics?