Chhena Poda is a traditional dessert from the Indian state of Odisha. The name Chhena Poda literally translates to “burnt cheese” in Odia. It is a sweet made from freshly prepared cottage cheese, sugar, cardamom powder, and semolina. The mixture is then baked until it turns golden brown, giving it a slightly caramelized taste. It is usually served as a dessert or sweet dish during festivals, weddings, and other special occasions. Chhena Poda is a popular dish in Odisha and is enjoyed by people of all ages.
Chhena Poda Recipe in step by step
Here is a step-by-step recipe for Chhena Poda:
- 2 cups of freshly prepared chhena (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of semolina (suji)
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (cashews or pistachios)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Take a mixing bowl and add 2 cups of chhena, 1 cup of sugar and mix well until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add 1/2 cup of semolina, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Grease a 6-inch cake pan with ghee.
- Sprinkle some chopped nuts on the base of the pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and sprinkle some more chopped nuts on top.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Enjoy your delicious Chhena Poda!
What is the shelf life of Chhena poda?
Chhena poda, a traditional dessert from Odisha, India, typically has a shelf life of 2-3 days at room temperature or up to a week when refrigerated. However, its shelf life may vary depending on the ingredients and storage conditions used.
On which festival is Chhena poda prepared?
Chhena poda is a popular dessert from the Indian state of Odisha, and it is typically prepared during the festival of Raja Sankranti.
What are the benefits of Chhena poda?
Chhena poda is a traditional dessert from the Indian state of Odisha, made with fresh cheese and sugar. Some benefits of this dish include its high protein content from the cheese, and its rich flavor and texture. Additionally, chhena poda is often made with natural ingredients and can be a healthier alternative to processed desserts.
What is the cost of Chhena Poda in Odisha?
The cost of Chhena Poda in Odisha can vary depending on the location and the establishment where you buy it. However, on average, it can range from Rs. 50 to Rs. 100 per piece.